HID Prox80 Reader 5405/5408
HID's Prox80 reader is an 80 mm (3.15") square reader designed to mount directly to European and Asian size single-gang electrical back boxes. With a three-piece, weatherproof potted enclosure and long pigtail (2.7 m / 9 ft) design, the Prox80 is easily installed and provides up to 14 cm (5.5") of read range.
- Unique mounting plate accommodates vertical and horizontal mounting hole patterns (60 mm) and Asian (52 mm) hole spacing.
- The long pigtail (2.7 m or 9 ft) simplifies installation by providing easy cable terminations, and increases reliability by reducing the number of cable joins.
- Multilingual installation manual supports field personnel in the proper installation of the reader.
- Available in a grey or white Classic Series cover design with a Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface.
- Provides high reliability, consistent read range and low power consumption.
- Features include multicolor LED and internal control or host control of the LED and beeper.
- Mounts directly on metal with minimal impact on the read range performance.
- Can be used with all HID proximity cards and all bit formats.
Typical Maximum Read Range*
ProxCard II card - up to 5.5" (14 cm)
ISOProx II card - up to 5" (12.5 cm)
DuoProx II card - up to 5" (12.5 cm)
ProxKey II keyfob - up to 2" (5 cm)
MicroProx Tag - up to 2.5" (6.2 cm)
ProxCard Plus card - up to 1.5" (3.7 cm)
Smart ISO/DuoProx cards - up to 2.5" (6.2 cm)
Proximity & MIFARE card - up to 5" (12.5 cm)
*Depending on local installation conditions.
3.15" x 3.15" x 0.80" (8.0 x 8.0 x 2.0 cm)
Screw slots provided for 52-60mm hole spacing
Linear power supplies are recommended.
Wiegand interface: 500 feet (150 m)
Clock-and-data interface: 50 feet (15 m)
Recommended cable is ALPHA 1295 (22 AWG) 5 conductor minimum stranded with overall shield or equivalent. Additional conductors may be required for LED or beeper control.
Average: 30 mA (5 VDC); 20 mA (12 VDC)
Peak: 110 mA (5 VDC); 115 mA (12 VDC)
-22 to 150 F (-30 to 65 C)
0-95% relative humidity non-condensing
2.2 oz. (63 gm)
Australia C-Tick, New Zealand
EU and CB Scheme Electrical Safety (EN60950 and IEC60950 ITE Electrical Safety)
Fifteen EU Countries under the R&TTE Directive (EN 300 330 - SRD, and ETS 300 683 - EMC)
Canada/UL 294 Listed
FCC Certification, United States
|Call For Price||No|